A broadcast presenter is the face or voice of programmes broadcast via television, radio and the internet. You'll work on a variety of platforms including national, regional, satellite and cable television, local and national radio and online.
Your role is to entertain and inform an audience by presenting information or entertainment in an accessible and attractive way. You'll introduce, host (or co-host) a programme, create links between items, introduce and interview guests and interact with the audience. The exact nature of the job may vary according to a programme's subject matter, for example if it covers news, weather, sport, music or lifestyle.
As a broadcast presenter, you'll need to:
• Research topics and background information for items to be featured on the programme
• Plan and rehearse shows
• Write and sometimes memorise scripts
• Liaise with other members of the production and technical teams
• Introduce and host programmes
• Interview guests in the studio, by telephone or on location
• Read short news, traffic, sport or weather reports
• provide links between programmes
• read from a script or autocue, or improvise
• keep the programme running to schedule, responding positively and quickly to problems or changes and improvising where necessary
• in television/internet videos, keep in contact with the director and production team in the studio gallery, via ear-piece link
• meet with the production crew to assess or review a broadcast, and to plan the next one.
You'll need to have:
excellent communication and presentation skills
performance skills and a clear voice
the ability to generate original ideas
a personable and confident manner
a broad range of interests, including current affairs
good research and interviewing skills
the confidence and the ability to sell yourself
an awareness of media law
the ability to take initiative and make quick decisions under pressure
creativity and problem-solving skills.
Talentrack is India's largest talent-hiring platform for the media and entertainment industry. As a member, you can apply for unlimited jobs/auditions by top recruiters at no extra cost. You do not have to pay any commission for the projects you get placed on by applying on Talentrack.